Most of us take our bones for granted unless we’re faced with a crisis like a broken bone or a fractured hip. Our bones are very much alive and they need our attention if we want them to “stand up” to the job that we ask them to do day-after-day and year-after-year.
More than 250,000 people over the age of 65 break a hip each year in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It’s interesting to note that most of the time people don’t fall a break a hip…they break a hip and fall. How’s that for brittle bones? Demographic reports suggest that 10,000 people a day are turning 65 and that this will continue for the next 17 years! It looks like we have a lot of bone problems on the horizon if we don’t take action to protect them!
Contrary to popular belief, men are at risk too. About 1 in 5 men will break a bone due to osteoporosis. In fact, men claim 1 out of every 3 broken hips worldwide. Sadly, both health and quality of life can plummet after a hip fracture. It’s alarming to note that 37% of men die within a year after they break a hip — twice as many as women, found a 2014 study published by the International Osteoporosis Foundation. This speaks volumes to the poor condition of the overall health of those battling brittle bones. It’s time to give your bones (and all of the rest of you) the attention they deserve!
Are You “Bad to the Bone”?
Our bones consist of 25% water. If you aren’t efficiently hydrating your body, your bones (and the rest of you) will pay the ultimate price. This is just one of the reasons that the elderly often have hip and knee problems. We lose our sense of thirst as we age and if we don’t make a conscious effort to drink lots of healthy water (naturally laced with minerals), we will be living in a state of chronic dehydration and the bones will begin to break down…and that’s just the beginning!
Red blood cells don’t last long in the bloodstream so they need to be replaced continuously by new cells, which originate in your bone marrow. This area in the center of the bone is a spongy tissue that churns out billions of new, mature blood cells each day (wow!) just to keep us supplied with the oxygen and energy we need. If we refuse to give the body the amount of (and the quality of) water it needs, this entire system begins to fail. Drinking plenty of healthy water is a very small price to pay to sustain health.
How Are You Neglecting Your Bones?
1. You overlook calcium. Adults need about 1,000 milligrams of calcium a day to keep the bones in good shape. A huge source of calcium is healthy, mineral-laced water. Unfortunately most people are replacing healthy water with useless bottled water (all minerals have been removed). So in addition to not consuming enough healthy water to stay hydrated, you’re robbing minerals from your bones to make up for the minerals that are not in your drinking water. Does that make sense to you? I sure hope not! Change you water…change your life!
Calcium is just part of the equation though. In addition to calcium, daily magnesium, protein, and vitamin D are essential. Vitamin D increases calcium absorption by as much as 50 percent Since we avoid the sun like the plague these days, it’s important for many of us to supplement with a daily dose of Vitamin D.
2. Digestive conditions increase your risk of having weak bones. These include inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, and anorexia nervosa (according to the National Institute of Health Osteoporosis Resource Center ). It is important to note that the leading colon specialist in the world, Dr. Hiromi Shinya, recommends proper hydration with Kangen Water® for colon health. He has examined the colon of thousands of patients before and after a Kangen Water® protocol and the results are astounding. If you suffer with digestive issues, you need to write your own prescription for Kangen Water®.
How Are You Damaging Your Bones?
There are a number of things that many of us are doing to damage our bones. Here are just a few of them:
1. Treating your GERD/acid reflux with meds. Bone loss can result from the use of antacids that contain aluminum, which can deplete your calcium supply; this includes products like Alamag, Maalox, or Mylanta. Even the commonly used drugs that treat heartburn — Prilosec, Nexim, and Prevacid — may lead to bone loss, according to the National Osteoporosis Foundation. Alkalize the body and say “good bye” to these digestive issues instead of opting for meds that may be destroying your bones!
2. Taking steroid medications like Cortisone, Prednisone, or Desxamethasone can cause debilitating bone loss over time, notes the National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF). You may have taken steroid meds — also called glucocorticoids or corticosteroids — to treat rheumatoid arthritis, asthma or allergies, lupus, Crohn’s disease or cancer. The root cause of these conditions is inflammation and chronic dehydration. Drink ionized, alkalized, electrically charged water and you’ll likely be able to nix the steroids as your body begins to mend itself. EXPERIENCE IT 100% RISK FREE FOR 30 DAYS AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.
3. Phenobarbital is often used to treat seizures as well as anxiety and insomnia. How many people do you know that “need a little something” to help them sleep or to manage stress? The drug is sometimes habit-forming and often misused. Dilantin, another anti-seizure medication, is also linked to bone loss.
4. Moderating your alcohol intake is important for bone health. Too much alcohol keeps you from getting the nutrients strong bones need. Abusing alcohol leads to bone weakness and a greater risk of breaking bones. If you consume alcohol remember; less is always best.
So you see, your bones are very much ALIVE and badly in need of your attention.
Are you going to give them the attention they deserve or will you hold out for surgery and pain killers? Just askin’.
If you decide that it’s time to take control of your own health, reach out to me! I’ve got a solution that may even outlive you and it’s a game-changer when it comes to your health!
CHANGING THE WAY THE WORLD LOOKS AT WATER…
ONE LIFE AT A TIME!
CLICK HERE for healthy bones
WANT TO SEE WHAT I BELIEVE ABOUT WATER?
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO!
I Believe from Kangen Pro Tools on Vimeo.