“Worst Endocrine Disruptors Revealed AND They Could Be Raising Your Family’s Cancer Risk”
Here are a few of the highlights:
- A number of common chemicals in your home and environment are known as endocrine disruptors, many of which are found in plastic products
- Endocrine-disrupting chemicals are similar in structure to natural sex hormones such as estrogen, thereby interfering with their normal functions. Children are at greatest risk for adverse effects
- 12 worst endocrine disruptors are: BPA, dioxin, Atrazine, phthalates, perchlorate, fire retardants, lead, mercury, arsenic, PFC’s, organophosphate pesticides, and glycol ethers
- The connection between endocrine disrupting chemicals and cancer is of particular concern. Children who are exposed to these chemicals from a young age may be predisposed to cancer at increasingly earlier ages
- A recent report co-produced by the World Health Organization and the United Nations Environment Program suggests a ban on endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) may actually be needed to protect the health of future generations
Top 3 Action Items to Protect Our Children
1. GET RID OF PLASTIC!!! All of it. Most of what you have access to DOES CONTAIN BPA and there isn’t a plastic on the planet that isn’t harmful to human life.
2. While you’re eliminating plastics you’ll need to make decisions about THE MOST IMPORTANT component to health and LIFE…WATER! By changing your water you CAN profoundly change your health. In addition to going GREEN, you’ll stop contributing to the pollution of the planet and the poisoning of your children and your grandchildren. Garbage in/Garbage out applies to toxins too. Everything you’re exposed to is passed on for generations to come. You can’t begin to detox of the harmful chemicals until you STOP being exposed to them and start “flushing’ them out with lots of HEALTHY water. Bottled water is OUT. Municipal tap water is OUT. My family is leading by example – we use a commercial grade/medical grade ionizer to produce our own healthy, chemical free water at home and we REFUSE to use plastics. No need for us to travel to Lourdes, France to get healing water! It’s right in our kitchen!
3. AVOID CHEMICALS AT ALL COSTS! Many of the products that you use around your home and for personal hygiene are highly toxic. For instance, dryer sheets contain very high levels of MERCURY. Who knew? They may smell good BUT by wearing clothes laced with mercury your children are exposed to mercury 24/7. Don’t look now but there are a whole lot of people protesting the use of vaccines due to the risk of mercury exposure – all the while they refuse to give up the convenience (and good smell) of dryer sheets. Go figure.
There are healthy cleaning and hygiene products that won’t break the bank. If you understand the science behind what makes these products effective (the pH level of the product itself) then you’ll be able to make healthy GREEN changes! By modifying the pH of your water source you can replace MOST products. Blue is the new green IF you have access to a commercial grade/medical grade water ionizer.
Children are at greatest risk and they deserve better than what we’re giving them. By exposing our children day after day, year after year to harmful toxins, we are willingly jeopardizing their health. Our need for convenience is costing our children life and health. Making changes truly is a matter of life and death! I believe our children are worth every sacrifice. What about you?
ADVOCATING FOR CHILDREN ACROSS THE GLOBE
CLICK HERE to make GREEN CHANGES!
2 Comments Add yours
I suspected there was mercury in dryer sheets and maybe other laundry products, so I did some research and found your blog. Can you tell me where I can find the source of this info? Thanks!
I’m glad to hear that you’re doing your research! There are SO many things out there that negatively impact our children…things we don’t think twice about using. My primary source for this post was Mercola’s website, however I always research beyond my primary sources to validate as much as possible. Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!