When I cut myself I bleed red, white and blue. I’m all-American and I know that there is no greater country in the world than these United States, however, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Japanese people for a number of reasons…especially when it comes to their approach to health and wellness.
As we approach the anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima, I’ve been pondering the fact that Japan endured massive exposure to radiation as a result of the A-Bomb and yet, they are ranked No. 1 for health and longevity in the world today. It sure seems like a long way to go from annihilation to leader in health and longevity to me!
What I’ve learned about the Japanese approach to this massive health crisis brought on by radiation poisoning is nothing short of profound. If your own health and longevity is important to you, I suggest that you consider the facts and that you follow-the-leader (of health and longevity, that is). Here is a short version of what I learned from my research:
- On August 6, 1945, 8.15 am, the uranium atom bomb exploded 2,000 feet above the city of Hiroshima with a blinding flash, creating a giant fireball and sending surface temperatures to 7,000 degrees. Fierce heat rays and radiation burst out in every direction, unleashing a high pressure shock wave, vaporizing tens of thousands of people and animals, melting buildings and streetcars, reducing a 400-year-old city to dust. Beneath the center of the explosion, temperatures were hot enough to melt concrete and steel. Within seconds, 75,000 people had been killed or fatally injured with 65% of the casualties nine years of age and younger.
- Within the first 2 to 4 months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki; roughly half of the deaths in each city occurred on the first day.
- 69 years later there are still over 200,000 “hibakusha,” surviving victims from the atomic bombings, with an average age of nearly 79.
A British medical report explained that the radiation released from the explosion did not destroy the cells in the bloodstream, but attacked “the primitive cells in the bone marrow, from which most of the different types of cells in the blood are formed. Therefore serious effects begin to appear only as the fully formed cells already in the blood die off gradually and are not replaced as they would normally by new cells formed in the bone marrow…. As red cell formation ceased, the patient began to suffer from progressive anemia. As platelet formation ceased, the thin blood seeped in small and large hemorrhages into the skin and the retina of the eye, and sometimes into the intestines and the kidneys. The fall in the number of white cells … in severe cases lowered resistance, so that the patient inevitably fell prey to some infection, usually spreading from the mouth and accompanied by gangrene of the lips, the tongue, and sometimes the throat. Deaths from exposure probably began in about a week after the explosion, reached a peak in about three weeks and had for the most part ceased after six to eight weeks.”
Japanese Lifestyle “Therapy”
- The Japanese consume 89 times more iodine than Americans due to their daily consumption of sea vegetables, and they have reduced rates of many chronic diseases. The RDA for iodine in the U.S. is a meager 150 mcg/day, which pales in comparison with the average daily intake of 13,800 mcg/day for the Japanese. The Mayo Clinic says that ” Treatment with potassium iodide may fill “vacancies” in the thyroid and prevent absorption of radioiodine“. Since iodine is the primary protocol for the treatment of radiation poisoning, the Japanese were ahead of the game naturally.
- Since radioiodine is flushed out in the urine, the Japanese were/are encouraged to drink LOTS of water to aid in the detoxing process. To the Japanese, NOTHING takes the place of water and not just any water will do…they drink “medical grade” water!
- The Japanese consume wild, organic turmeric on a daily basis. Some use turmeric as a spice in their cooking, some drink turmeric tea, while some take turmeric supplements (only wild organic turmeric Okinawa). It is interesting to note that the most potent turmeric in the world comes from Okinawa. Turmeric has been scientifically proven to fight inflammation, to support thyroid health, to kill cancer cells, and to dissolve plaque in the blood (just to name a few of the benefits). Diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Cancer, Lupus and MS are almost nonexistent in the Japanese culture and turmeric can take a whole lot of credit for that. Wild turmeric has served the Japanese well for many years and it is believed to be a major contributor in the restored (and sustained) health of the Japanese before and after the A-Bomb.
- The Japanese people are alkaline! Scientists studying the aftermath of Hiroshimi (and medical professionals tending to the survivors at the time of the crisis) stressed the need to eat LOTS alkaline foods. Why? Because disease simply can’t thrive in an alkaline body. By sustaining a state of alkalinity we are able to fend off most chronic diseases…a real plus for the people exposed to toxic radiation!
Japanese Technology for Health
For the past 40 years the Japanese have been consuming lots of ionized, alkalized, electrically charged (Kangen) water. Drinking Kangen Water® aids in the detoxing process, improves hydration AND keeps the body in an alkaline state even more efficiently than alkaline foods. Since the Japanese diet isn’t what it used to be, they need a little help to promote alkalinity so that cancer cells (and other chronic disease) don’t stand a chance.
It is interesting to note that Japan categorizes Kangen Water® as “medical grade” and Enagic Ionizers (producer of Kangen Water®) have been approved by the Japanese Ministry of Health (similar to our FDA) as a medical device. In fact, 30 million Japanese families own their own ionizer so that they can benefit from the high antioxidant nature of the water in the comfort of their own homes. In addition to having Kangen Water® throughout their hospitals, Kangen Water® is also prescribed by their physicians and available in many public facilities. The Japanese don’t let politics get in the way of healthy options!
Americans live a dangerously acidic lifestyle by eating and drinking (including tap and bottled waters) things that not only prevent us from sustaining alkalinity but that promote inflammation and oxidation (aging). We replace water for our “drink of choice” and we put our faith in pills or procedures to fix what ails us. Consequently we are #38 for health and longevity in the world (we rank just under Cuba) and our cancer rate is 1 in 2 males and 1 in 3 females. Our rate of Alzheimer’s is 1 in 5 and our rate of autism is 1 in 50 and climbing. Yep…we stand to learn a lot from the Japanese lifestyle.
Fukushima – Radiation Round 2
Today Japan is reporting unusually high cases of thyroid cancer in their children related to radiation exposure from Fukushima. There is no doubt in my mind that the Japanese will take every precaution to avoid further exposure. More importantly, I know that they’ll get busy with iodine, turmeric and ionized, alkalized water therapies to “treat” these health challenges head-on.
In the meantime, U.S. Troops that rushed to offer humanitarian aid in the midst of the Fukushima disaster in March of 2011 are still suffering from the aftermath of radiation poisoning today. Unfortunately, the U.S. government refuses to acknowledge that these service men and women were exposed to harmful levels of radiation and they are refusing treatment for our vets. That’s the bad news. The good news is that they can, (if they’re willing), take control of their own health by following the simple (yet impactful) Japanese protocol for recovery. No prescription necessary and the benefits are long-term and life-changing.
Who knows? If more Americans decided to take control of their own health by implementing healthy alternatives to diseases and conditions that have no mainstream cure, we might actually raise in rank from being #38 in the world for health and longevity to a more respectable level. Hmm…
God Bless America!
CHANGING THE WAY THE WORLD LOOKS AT WATER…
ONE LIFE AT A TIME!
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Japanese Protocol